Saturday, February 18, 2012

ContemporAIRY Kitchen

I have been on Kitchen Design overload for the past few weeks! I love the very beginning of a project, when there are SO many possibilities and directions we can move in. A great deal of research is involved... While scouring the web for ideas + inspiration, I came across this Kitchen designed by the creative team over at Ogawa Fisher Architects, who are based out of California + Oregon. 

Despite being a galley style Kitchen, this space is surprisingly open + airy. This is largely due to the simplicity + refined elements... flat paneled cabinet faces, streamlined hardware, sky blue walls, light cabinets offset by the jet black rubber floors, AND.... a natural bar top slab that is completely open to the back yard! I have seen these doors used many times as a way to link the interior home with exterior elements, however, I have never seen a bar top placed right in front of them! 

I could picture myself starting every morning in the Summer, by sitting here with my laptop + latte... This is something I never understood about people that do this at Starbucks.. but when you are overlooking your OWN BACKYARD? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......






No comments:

Post a Comment