Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feelin' Sunny!

Despite the greyish overcast today, I'm FEELIN' SUNNY! There's nothing like a good yellow to brighten your day - soft, striking, a little, a LOT. I'm particularly fond of gentle touches of yellow to accent a room, or bold yellow prints. 

I've got nursery design on the brain lately, and I'm dreaming sweet dreams of yellows + muted pinks... Here are some of my favorite uses of this fab color!

Soft + Simple yellow mosaic backsplash is rather striking when paired with clean white cabinets, + stainless steel appliances.

Business Card holder - LOVE this pattern! I could see this exact same design 
on a larger scale to be used  as a clutch or iPad case.

Soft yellow walls act as a lovely backdrop for eclectic furnishings + gold accents.
ELLE Decor via The City Stage

Chalky Black walls, glossy black floors, + YELLOW! 

Karen Young is an incredible Brooklyn based textile designer. 
She designs fabrics, as well as personal + home accessories. There's something about
yellow + blue/white schemes that are just classic!

Who doesn't love a punch buggy?

I think my parents front door is almost exactly this color! 
Which I helped them select : )

When used sparingly, shiny patent leather can be a real show stopper - whether
the interior is traditional or contemporary.




4 comments:

  1. That reversible clutch is calling my name. You are lucky to transition into the time change so easily- for my husband, it's like jet lag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, same with MY husband!
      And tell me about it.. that reversible clutch is so striking. Karen, from Hammocks + High Tea, is quite a talented individual. We met via Twitter, and I've been in love with her work ever since! I see a Springtime purchase in my future ;0)

      Delete
  2. Love it! We're both blogging about bright, happy colors today. You don't see a bright yellow door to often - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Now I want a bright yellow door! You have such beautiful color sense.. I adore your blog. Thank you for the feedback! : )

      Delete