Saturday, November 26, 2011

Small Business Saturday - Approximate Notions

I had a lovely surprise visit yesterday with a woman who is currently branching off on her own - Felicia Hughes of Approximate Notions. Felicia popped in to say hello after seeing ELLE featured on the most recent issue of The-E-List Newsletter! Check it out here!...

After raising three boys, who are now in college, she has more time to tap in to her creative side. With a strong passion for everything Equine - Felicia designs and hand makes decorative pillows and valances inspired by this passion. Now, at first, when Felicia said "Equine" pillows, I immediately pictured those photo realistic and multi-colored horse portraits, which REALLY aren't my style. When she showed me a few of her samples, I was pleasantly surprised to see a whimsical representation that, at first glance, reads more scroll-like than Equine. In addition to hand making and screen printing her pillows, she is also able to offer hand painted monogramming in various metallic earth tones. HOW GLAM! 

Take a look at the one she left with me....



I hope to get more of these in soon, and we are putting our heads together to come up with a Fabric Painting Demo so people can see how it's done, and also so they can place orders for custom monogrammed items.. just in time for the holidays! Check out the EVENTS page at www.elledesignstudio.net for more details, or contact the Studio directly.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Erica!

    As one of those three boys in college, I just want how say how creative and inspiring I find my mother's work. She's succeeding as a designer and a businessperson... it really gives me something to look up to! Anyone interested in knowing more about Approximate Notions (or ordering your own monogrammed pillows!) can contact her at felicia@apntns.com.

    Adam Hughes

    ReplyDelete