Friday, November 2, 2012

Studio Daze : The Iron Scissors Salon/Spa - Part I

I found it! My Forever Salon.

Just when I think I'm in stylist heaven, I'm told they're renovating! I'm so excited that my hair appointment becomes a design project. Wahoo!! They want us on board.

The design part was easy...I already knew what I wanted to do. The tricky part? Our super tight deadline. One month to create a Man Cave (awesome, right?) that would be featured on both a billboard and a KISS 95.7 party. Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

Follow us on a three part mini series and share the excitement! The wish. The Process. The Result.


Part I - The Wish

A separate Man Cave, where men can have their hair cut + styled, get a hot shave, or even get a shoe shine. The new space needs to be cutting edge, yet approachable.
The owner wants to give the men their own space, where they can still feel like they are part of the buzz of the Salon.

 Before shots:






The Iron Scissors is a full service Paul Mitchell Focus Salon in Middletown, CT. They offer some of the most luxurious salon/spa treatments available. Not only are the services unique (just Google "PM Shine"... I'm hooked!), the staff is off the charts. I HIGHLY recommend this Salon to anyone looking to get swept away for a couple hours. 


 Stay tuned! Progress shots up next.






No comments:

Post a Comment